Thursday, July 09, 2009

Some Interesting Things About Me

So I was just thinking - and based on what I would like to know about other bloggers out there - here are some interesting things about myself :)

01. Life is Beautiful. I get the biggest mood lift ever when I listen to this song - I have a revelation that "life is beautiful" even through the sorrows and that makes me cry.

02. I hate group work in school. I like people and talking but when a professor suggests group work I get all tense.

03. Sometimes, I am irritated by my own voice. I wish that it sounded different. I am also a little self conscious about it for some reason.

04. I prefer shopping by myself to shopping with others.

05. Contrary to popular belief I am not that shy, I am just quiet. And there is a difference. It is not that I feel weird around people, it is just that I do not feel the need to always talk. On another note, there are a good number of people that I am awkward around, for no real reason. It's a bit annoying.

06. I cried off and on for four days after I finished reading The Time Traveler's Wife. To this day this is the book that has affected me the most.

07. I am torn about my future. I can continue along the accounting path - fairly easy for me, good money, straight forward; or switch to something more artsy - less certain about financial things, less easy, but definitely more fun and rewarding.

08. Food grosses me out very easily but yet I love to eat.

09. I am a dreamer and I usually have an ideal image of how things in life should play out. I think that it is helpful at times because it gives me something beautiful to strive for while preventing life from bogging me down but on the flipside, when things don't turn out like I see them it's fairly depressing.

10. I like to think that I am good at giving advice, now I just need to learn to take it myself.

11. I wish I were more stubborn. In relationships I tend to be the one that lets everything slide and I go with the flow even if it is not what I want to do - a good quality in moderation but sometimes I feel like it makes my personality seem drab.

12. I overthink and overanalyze. and make things out of nothing.

13. If I could meet one fictional character it would be Henry DeTamble.

14. I am a happy person but I like tragedy. I think it appeals to the part of me that wallows in emotion. Sad music features singers who are pouring out emotion that you can hear in their voices, in tragic books I can dwell and put myself in the characters place and feel the overwhelming emotions they feel, and in art I can feel the haunting feeling - and it makes me relate. Maybe that is it - it gives me the feeling that no matter what bad things could happen, they have happened before and I am not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment